How To Tell If A Spell Has Been Placed On You
Fact: Nearly every day, I get at least one case of a client coming to me, believing that a spell has been placed on him or her, including: A curse, a hex, a blockage or a break-up spell.
Fact: In the ten years I've been doing this work, to date, I've only seen two bonafide cases of effective, maleficent spells having been placed on people. I removed both free of charge.
So, why is this ratio so skewed? I'm not trying to invalidate anyone's experience of feeling negativity in their lives. The truth is that most of the people who are wrong about a spell having been placed on themselves by another are very intelligent people who simply don't know their own natural, magical, energetic power! (See: "Cursed!
," an explanation of how you can cause a very real affect on yourself!) The remaining few mistaken people are usually sadly informed of a "blockage" during a phony reading by a scam artist.
Hexes and curses are not normally something that I look for during a reading, so reading on a hex or a curse comes only at a client's request. In the incredibly unlikely event that a reading reveals that you are the victim of witchcraft, a removal will be done at no charge to you. Despite the rarity of this phenomenon, I do take every request very seriously, and each reading is preceded by a battery of questions to help me evaluate your case.
- Have you spent significant time outside the country or immersed in another culture before the onset of symptoms? Was anything or anyone unusual encountered? Our Western culture is not one filled with effective witchcraft, no matter what your enemies are "into." However, there are other cultures where these things are thrown around every day, and these things are dealt with every day as well.
- Are your family members affected? In some cultures, "family curses" are the norm when dealing with an enemy. Trading notes with your siblings and parents can be a way to trace the source of the malady. Also, they should be involved when getting rid of it! Did your parents or grandparents spend that significant time outside the country?
- How have your dreams been since the onset? If you're intuitive enough that you feel that something is not quite right in your life spiritually, often dreams are the meeting place between the conscious and the subconscious of those who are naturally sensitive. Your dreams may have either literal or symbolic meanings for you during this time.
- Were any personal objects taken from you before you felt the onset? Sympathetic magic can often involve hair or nail clippings, but could also involve an object that you touch every day, or even a photograph. If these things have gone missing, or have been interfered with in an unusual way, tell me about it.
- Were any unusual objects left for you to find? Wax dolls aren't the only thing that you might find on your doorstep! Any object with symbols marked upon it may also be evidence of something that has been attempted. Even if it is an artifact of witchcraft, the presence alone does not guarantee that the spell was done with ill-intent!
- Do you have any enemies that you suspect, or did somebody tell you that they cast a spell on you? Most magical practitioners won't be sneaky about the work they do. After all, if they tell you they've cursed you, they have the added benefit of the effects your psychological distress will have on you on top of the spell work! Unless there are laws against magic where you live, there's no good reason why a person would keep it secret! So, if you have no suspects, that's a great indication that your worries are unfounded.
What should you do if you are certain that a spell has been placed upon you? You can perform any number of rituals yourself, but the most effective method I've seen for self-protection by a layperson is simple prayer. In addition to my own work that I did, free of charge, after the requested readings for the previous two people I mentioned, I asked them to pray for themselves. If you're a little rusty with prayer, here's the prescription!
- Address the deity(s) of your choice specifically by name.
- Ask for all the negative foreign energies to be removed, harmlessly, NOW.
- Thank the deity(s).
And, to close this article, I'd like to share a quote that is popularly attributed to Nelson Mandela during his 1994 inaugural speech to encourage both those releasing a spell from another as well as those who have turned out to be their own worst enemies: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is
that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
that most frightens us."