Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:55 PM
How to Survive a Broken Heart..
One of the most painful feelings you can experience in life is a broken heart. It tears at the core of your essence. It feels like your heart is being torn out of your chest. It hurts! So, what do you do when your heart is broken?
I have written up a list of things to do to help ease the pain. Although when you are in the throes of pain caused by a broken heart it may seem like the pain will never leave - but, it will. In time a broken heart does mend.. and life does go on. But, what do we do in the meantime?
1. Talk to someone. A friend, a therapist, anyone who will listen. The best thing you can do is verbalize what you are feeling.
2. Allow yourself to feel. There are steps of healing. At the beginning stages it is important to allow yourself to feel the pain. As you begin to heal, the pain turns to anger and eventually leaves. These are all normal stages of healing. There are 12-step programs designed to walk you through the stages of healing.. that is one very good place to start.
3. Spend time with friends. Even though you may not be in the mood to be social or be with friends - do your best to spend time with friends or family. Don't allow yourself to be alone all day and evening.
4. Plan your day. Sit down with pad and paper in hand. Make a list of things you have always loved to do. Jot down at least 10 items. Now, grab a calendar or appointment book.. and begin working out a schedule for yourself. Plan your day from the moment you wake up until the minute you go to sleep. Put down everything. This is an imperative step to helping you survive the initial days of a broken relationship. The goal is to fill your day completely. The worst thing is to be alone and feel lonely and abandoned.
5. Go places. Go the the library, art gallery, museum, baseball game.. find things to do that you have always enjoyed. I want you to go and do it!
6. Do the above steps even if you are not in the mood or if you feel like you are just going through the motions.
7. Call me. I am a Love Psychic and Life Coach. My clients call me The Love Doctor. I will help you rebuild your life. Before you know it you will be living your life to its fullest!
Honest, Direct & Accurate Insights.
No sugar-coating.. I will tell you what I see.
The Love Doctor