How many of you have or have had one or more of the following problems?
The guy or girl is taking you for granted.
You can't seem to meet anyone that has follow-through.
You can't find anyone that you would like to go out, with much less someone that you would care to develop a relationship with.
Now, you say to yourself, "I'm easy on the eyes, I'm educated, kind, loving, a good cook, great with animals and kids, blah, blah, blah (insert other good attributes here)".
Here is a list of the possible problems that are underneath the surface.
1. You are too good looking.
2. You lack self confidence, but you know that you are pretty or handsome.
3. If you are a woman and you are seeking a man, you make too much money. Although this is a short explanation, it is the most important.
4. You can do pretty much anything and there's really no need for anyone else in your life to be a partner. So what possible purpose could someone else serve? Being there and loving you is not enough to another person. Is that purposed idea enough for you when you are involved with someone? "Sweetie, you don't need to do anything, just set there, look pretty and love me." I'd get pretty bored with that.
5. Just because you want a relationship and someone in your life, but you don't need one. Believe it or not, I used to think that was a good thing. I refer to #4 in this list. Try to look at it this way one wants to be wanted sexually and needed in day to day life. Wanted in day to day life with not having any purpose is worrisome. If someone just wants me hanging around with no real purpose, it smacks of obsession. The next impulse is to run, run, run.....as fast as one can!
6. You're a pessimist, nothing is good enough, you have disaster and chaos everywhere. You scream drama. Love is to be joyful and blissful. It is work, but the work revolves around getting used to each other's thought processes and lifestyles NOT dealing with the drama. Drama isn't whether or not you need to hire a roofer or get your vehicle fixed...it's things that can't be fixed...negatives, pessimism, thinking that you are going to get screwed at any moment.
7. Wanting the best and expecting the worst. Guess what you are going to get...the worse. It is so true that you get whatever you expect...even without all of this hype about the law of attraction.
8. You have this attitude...I'll never find anyone because there isn't anyone out there in my age group, with my interests, in my socio-economic group...blah, blah, blah (insert whatever else you might think). Allow me to refer to my favorite quote: Henry Ford - "Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right"
9. Start your search like you would do for a job....create a resume, believe your resume and that you are capable. Create a business plan. Remove the desperation out of it.
10. Your attitude and believe is this...."They aren't going to call, they are going to cancel the date, they are going to blow me off, they are like other men/women that have screwed me." Yepphers..they sure are...
I've done extensive and exhaustive research on good resources about the above subjects. I've researched reviews, etc, etc. Please take advantage of all of this work for free...Here's a list of books that you might want to try:
How to Snag a Guy and Keep Him Hooked: 99 Ways to Make Him Ache for You - Jennifer Winston
Man Magnet: How to Be the Best Woman You Can Be in Order to Get the Best Man - Romy Miller;
Make Every Man Want You - Marie Forleo;
How to be a Super Hot Woman: 339 Tips to Make Every Man Fall in Love with You and Every Woman Envy You - Mandy Simons
Ask, Believe, Receive - 7 Days to Increased Wealth, Better Relationships, and a Life You Love (BoldThought.com Presents) - David Hooper
How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You - Leil Lowndes
The Likeability Factor - Tim Sanders; DVD
A Whole New Mind - Daniel Pink; DVD