I decided to write a blog focusing on metaphysical healing & I hope all of you find this useful. Please note these little remedies are no substitute for professional advice or treatment. Enjoy!
Concentration of energy within a living being, situated in specific parts of the body resembling a sphere, funnel or spinning cone in shape. Chakras are energy centers which receive, store and radiate life force energy. Many books and written material only mention seven chakras, but we actually have a few more that are rarely mentioned. I’m only focusing on the major seven in this blog.
Color, Crystals & Candles:
Ever have one of those days where you were drawn to a particular color? Maybe you opened the closet and decided on the blue shirt instead of the green, or maybe it was the other way around. Intuitively our body knows what it needs and without our knowledge we are naturally drawn to healing colors.
Red: Symbol of love, passion, wealth and expressions of primal life force. Red corresponds with the 1st chakra (Root) at the base of the spine, which governs sexuality and all basic survival needs, such as food, shelter, money, work, etc.
- Red Candle
- Red felt placed on the chakra (base of spine) is helpful in clearing blocks.
- Garnet works for clearing the 1st chakra, as well as lifting depression.
Orange: Symbol of joy & creativity, can help attract things you want into your life. Orange is associated with the 2nd chakra (Sacral), pelvic area just below the navel, relating to your emotional experiences, flow of emotions within you and relationships with others.
- Orange Candle
- Orange felt place over the 2nd chakra helps clear any blockages
- Amber, Citrine, Carnelian, Orange Calcite & Topaz are the crystals associated with this chakra
Yellow: Represents healing. Yellow is also associated with the 3rd chakra (Solar Plexus), above the naval. This is where you direct emotional needs and desires. The third chakra is also your power center, relating to will and stamina, where you’re giving away your power and how you feel in relation to the world. This is the area where you pick up feelings and emotions of others (clairsentience). Sometimes we naturally protect our 3rd chakra by crossing our arms. I know I do this all the time without even thinking. Many stomach problems are related to the third chakra.
- Yellow felt placed over the solar plexus is very effective in clearing any blockages.
- Golden Topaz, Tigers Eye and Citrine are crystals related to clearing this chakra.
Green: Symbol of growth & movement, stimulating abundance & fertility. Green is associated with the 4th chakra (heart), located in the center of the chest. The heart chakra is the home of the soul. Sometimes when we’re feeling sadness, loss or problems letting go of the past, it can result in 3rd chakra blockages. If this chakra is out of balance, there is likely an imbalance in other chakras since it assists in balancing the other chakras. Signs of an overactive heart chakra are anger, jealousy, blaming others, and over confidence. Signs of an underactive heart chakra include needing constant confirmation of self worth, possessiveness, self doubting, not feeling loved and lacking compassion.
- Green & Pink Candles
- Green felt placed over the chakra assists in clearing the blockages
- Rose Quartz (sleep with it next to your bed to release negative emotions), other crystals include Aventurine, Kunzite & Emerald.
Blue: Symbolizes spiritual understanding and the ability to perceive. Blue is associated the 5th chakra (Throat), governing our ability to communicate and express yourselves, along with being heard by others. This chakra is also related to self image instilled as a child
- Blue Candles (also helps in bringing money)
- Blue felt placed over the throat helps clear any blockages
- Aquamarine, Chrysocolla, Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite & Turquoise are crystals associated with this chakra.
Indigo: Combination of blue and violet, representing the 6th chakra (Third Eye), governing your ability to see. This is the home of your clairvoyance. Through this chakra you are able to understand the behavior of others. This is also where belief systems are stored about yourself and those around you. This chakra is blocked when someone doesn’t want to see or take responsibility.
- Purple candles
- Purple or Indigo felt placed over the 6th chakra
- Amethyst, Blue Calcite, Lapis Lazuli are crystals associated with this chakra
Violet: Both Violet and purple are associated with spirituality, power and mastery. Violet is associated with the 7th chakra (Crown), located at the crown of the head, governing spiritual beliefs and practices, connection to Source, to God along with your sense of purpose. When this chakra is blocked there is a tendency toward headaches, difficulty in “doing,” and a sense of confusion.
- Violet candle
- Violet felt placed over the crown of your head
- Amethyst, Charoite, Clear Quartz, Selenite, Sugilite are crystals associated with this chakra
A few of you have contacted me recently regarding removing negative energy around you. First of all, there are a few things I want to say on this subject. Before you go out and spend excessive amounts of money removing “dark energy”, please take a moment to hear the voice of reason. The only negative energy around you is the energy you allow into your space.
A basic understanding regarding cycles of energy movement is necessary.
According to the Tao, “every facet of our being is a manifestation of energy.” In basic terms, don’t give the energy power over you. This happens when you focus on the fear. In a previous blog I cautioned against readings that cause fear, and “dark energy” falls into that category. My recommendation, if you really feel you have something funny going on….church would be the first place I would go. Bottom line, light is more powerful than dark. Save your money!! Here are some quick fixes that won’t empty your wallet:
- Sea Salt (local grocery store)
- Sage (burn it around your home, can be found at health food and metaphysical stores)
- Bloodstone, Hematite, Tigers Eye (protective stones, also found at metaphysical stores, ebay is also great for stones)
- Protection Candle (check with your local metaphysical stores, approximate cost should be around $10).
- Call upon Archangel Michael to protect you. I also recommend purchasing Angel & Saint Candles (99 Cent stores are great for the Saint candles).
- If the negative energy is coming from an ex, be sure to dispose of any items associated with this person….at least remove it from your home.
If you want to read more about color and stones, some great books are “Healing with Color” by Ted Andrews and “Crystal Therapy” by Doreen Virtue.
Peace & Happiness,
The information and advice given on this blog is not a substitute for professional advice, self-help or assistance programs, or any other professional treatment that you would normally receive from a licensed professional such as a lawyer, doctor, psychiatrist, accountant or financial advisor.