the onset of Valentine's Day, are you feeling left out when you see couples
holding hands and your friends are receiving cards and flowers?
For many of us, our relationships have been learning experiences...
opportunities to heal and to reclaim our power.
If you want to experience that same heart-felt romance, you must first
release any painful memories that are still in your heart. If you are
still thinking of your last relationship, or previous relationships along
with any residual heartbreak, then that relationship is not over because you
are still connected to them. In other words, you are not yet open to
attract a new relationship because you still have one with the person(s) from your past.
Putting a band-aid on your heart then going in search of someone to fill
the void, what some would call rebound, is only a temporary fix and will
not heal the underlying pain beneath the wound. Eventually the pain will
resurface because your current boy/girlfriend will not be able to
meet your expectations, or you may be comparing him/her to the last one.
So how do I move on, you ask?
* Delete their email address, phone number and text messages.
* Get rid of or put away photos and mementos that remind you of him/her.
* Don't look at their Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram accounts. You may want to delete pictures of them as well as posted messages; and you may want to unfriend them so you're not tempted to view their page.
* Don't look for them on online dating sites.
* Don't drive by their residence to see if they're home and go to places where you know they hang out (gym, mall, clubs).
Take time to focus on you:
* Make a list of the things you are grateful for... family, friends, children, hobbies.
* Find your passion... art, music, cooking, gardening, travel.
* Enroll in a class and/or workshop
* Travel to a place you've always wanted to visit that you've never been to before.
* Take care of your health and well-being: eat healthy food; exercise; go to a spa; get a massage, facial, manicure/pedicure.
* Speak to a professional counselor/therapist who can help you process your feelings.
* Be patient and kind to yourself and do your best to focus on the present moment.
When you let go of the past you can manifest a wonderful, long-lasting relationship in the present.