He calls you five times a day. You get a continual stream of text messages, instant messages, emails; he's all over you like flies on a cheap suit. He can't get enough of you. He's telling you a multitude of sweet nothings in your ear about how terrific you are. You're wonderful. You're everything he's ever wanted......Then, suddenly, he disappears - like aliens abducted him off the face of the planet. What happened???? He didn't just walk away, he ran faster than Michael Phelps' swimming at the Olympics!
There are a few factors that come into play, and the most critical one is YOU. "Hunh, say what?" You ask. Yup, YOU. So, how can you keep him from running off faster than a speeding bullet as he leaps tall buildings in a single bound desperate to get away from you? Here's my list (of course, based on my rudimentary research...)
1. Be mysterious. If he is calling you 5 times a day, only take one call and let the others go to voice mail. You don't want to be eagerly available.
2. Keep a poker face. Yes, you love the attention that you're getting from him, so savor it. Relish in it, bathe in it and enjoy the sunlight he's pouring on you and the sweet nothings he's lavishing you with.... but smile and just say, "How kind of you" - do not return the sweet nothings.
3. Don't text him back immediately. (Much like don't return the calls immediately). You are busy! The last thing that he needs to think is that you have no life outside of the one that he apparently wants to build with you. If you text him immediately, he KNOWS you're right there waiting.
4. Be silent. If you don't hear from him for a couple of days, do not fret or fear. You WILL hear from him. When you do, act as if all is fine. Do NOT ask him why he hasn't phoned you.
5. Let HIM initiate. Always keep it YOUR choice to see him. Don't ask, "When will we get together again?" because as a mysterious creature, you don't care.
IF you are immediately available; IF you are responding with bullet speed at his text messages; IF you are always lurking online and readily responding to his instant messages, IF you are always eager to meet him anywhere anytime anyplace, and IF you insist on wanting to know when you'll see him again..... you can certainly expect that he will be gone in a flash. Why? (Again, there's that why) Because the chase is fun.
Don't get me wrong, these are NOT games... it's part of the dating dance and drawing boundaries.
Bottom line (borrowed from my mother) Let him chase you until he gets caught.
Available for your calls today!
Sending you angels,