~~~~Mercury Retrograde 2017~~~~
During the year 2017, Mercury goes retrograde for four times as below:
Dec 19, 2016 to Jan 8, 2017
April 9 - May 3, 2017-
August 12 - Sept 5, 2017
December 3 - December 22, 2017
Don'ts for Romance/Relationships
1. For engaged couples, don’t set your wedding date during this time.
Promises can be easily broken when Mercury is in retrograde.
2. For those looking for someone new, it’s not a good idea to go on a
first date. Communications can go awry when Mercury gives the illusion
of traveling backwards. During this time, a text that is meant to be flirty
could be taken as an insult and ruin a potential relationship — or just
3. For single people, it’s not a good time to pursue a crush. There is
“skewed vision” when Mercury is in retrograde, which means views can
change when the planet goes back to its typical rotation, the experts say.
Do's for Romance/Relationships
1. Reminisce. For lost loves, it could be a good time to get back together.
(But don’t make that decision official until after Mercury is no longer in
2. Sometimes life gets hectic and pulls people apart, but when Mercury is in
retrograde it’s a good time to reconnect.
3. Resolve differences with your partner. Mercury in retrograde is the time
to openly discuss issues. If that meeting doesn’t go as planned, wait until
Mercury goes direct to revisit the problems.
AS FOR BUSINESS DEALS, CONTRACTS OR ANYTHING ELSE:
1. Don’t Make Agreements. It’s a horrible time for negotiating contracts or making decisions.
Avoid entering into any agreements or signing any legal documents. Whatever you put into
writing may require serious revision when Mercury goes direct. There is something in the
details that you may miss. And, there may be something you don’t know that you will only
know when Mercury goes direct. I had a friend who got married during the Mercury
retrograde; three weeks later, her new husband decided to tell her about the two children
he had out of wedlock.
2. Don’t Accept or Start a Job. If you do, you may regret it. I had one client disregard that advice.
She accepted a new job and by the time she started the month after, when Mercury went direct,
the company had changed her job so much that it no longer resembled the one that she had
accepted. Her reporting relationship had also totally shifted from the great guy she was going to
work for to the loudmouth, chauvinistic boss from hell! During Mercury retrograde, things are not
what they seem to be.
3. Don’t Try to Close the Sale. Closing a deal is often based on taking advantage of great timing.
Unfortunately, you’re timing couldn’t be worse when Mercury is retrograde. If you’re “selling” your
ideas or your company’s products, avoid trying to “close the sale” during Mercury retrograde
because you may be “stalled” with excuses and delays. Or, somehow your customer will
misunderstand your presentation. If you get the order, the customer may cancel it or change his mind.
4. Don’t Initiate New Projects. Avoid launching new projects or making that “big presentation.”
People may either not understand it or oppose it. You may find out later that you left out a vitally
important detail that you didn’t think of. If your project is adopted, it may either fail or have to be
totally restructured at a later date to succeed.
5. Scheduling Meetings. Avoid (or minimize) scheduling meetings and events during Mercury retrograde,
because you’re more likely to experience confusion, mistakes and cancellations. I once had a client
whose business was “offering public seminars.” He had a ridiculously high number of cancellations and
“no shows” for his seminars during the four times a year of Mercury retrograde. I told him to stop
booking his seminars during those dates. That advice solved his problem.
6. Avoid Traveling A Lot. If you can’t put certain trips on hold, just be aware that you can expect an
unusual amount of last-minute flight cancellations, meeting postponements and long transportation
delays. Allow extra time when traveling; make sure your bags are very secure. Take extra precautions,
because during this time they may be more likely to be lost or stolen. Re-confirm your reservations,
appointments and addresses for your meetings, as delays and cancellations can be expected.
7. Don’t Purchase Computers or Begin Installations. This is when you’ll discover that you bought the
“computer from hell.” You’ll regret not buying the three-year warranty the salesperson suggested.
And, when you install your new software, expect glitches. Hard drives fail, so make sure to back
them up ahead of time.
8. Don’t Repair Your Auto unless you absolutely have to. Repairs on the equipment in your car should
be delayed. If you have to repair it, make sure to triple-check the work that was done. Understand that
you may find out when Mercury goes direct that the repair wasn’t properly done and will have to be
9. Don’t Buy Things. That is - unless you enjoy making purchases that you’ll later regret because you
discover that something was wrong with the purchase. In fact, it’s a bad time to buy anything because
you may eventually find out that it was “too big or too small,” or it just didn’t fit right and you’ll need to
return it. If you buy a gift for someone, be prepared for reactions like, “Thanks, but green is my worst
color!” or “I already have one just like that.”
10. Don’t Select a Roommate or Move in With One.
As Always, Angels' Blessings, and Love,