"Alan was supposed to call me at 5 pm .... it's 9 and no word. Where is he?"
"I met Matt at a bar and I thought we really hit if off. I gave him my number, did he lose it?"
"Haven't heard from him for a few weeks, and he doesn't answer my texts ... what happened?"
Probably few things hit harder than rejection ... in any form; whether its a non-response (letting her off easy) or a lame excuse ("I'm really just a loner"), when someone in whom we've invested energy becomes non-existent on our playing field, it should give us pause to reevaluate ourselves. Most times, however, it throws us way out of balance and gives negative entities a worm hole in which to enter. Ouch !
And so it begins: all the 'what ifs' and 'maybe if I's' come bubbling to the surface like 200 gph spring! Of course, it HAS to be your fault, something you said or did in the most intimate of moments. OUCH ! Your brain floods with horror as you realize that this person you allowed into world, showed your belly to, and otherwise your vulnerable spots is ... dumping you! Really ... ?
Seven Things To Do To Get Over Rejection
1. Give yourself a chance to cry. Its actually good for you and helps to get rid of acids in the system. Limit your crying jag to 10 - 15 mins. Then, wash your face, brush your teeth, comb your hair and move on.
2. When you find a negative thought creeping in ... say outloud "Cancel" "Cancel" "Cancel" and move on.
3. Use Malachite, Peridot, Bloodstone or Apache Tears - all wonderful conductors for healing energy in matters related to love and emotions. Keep your healing stone in your pocket, or worn next to the skin to receive full benefits of the stone's frequency and vibration. Twenty inch (20") cords or chains offer placement close to the heart chakra energy center.
4. Forgive ... yourself and the other person. Remember, they are on the same ride as you with the ups and downs, low trends and high trends and perhaps the same insecurities, too. We balance the field when we begin to look at others the same way we view ourselves.
5. Trust the process. Steps comprise the process, whether baby steps or huge leaps ... the process happens whether we participate or not. All is exactly as it should be AND as we allow it - trust that the Higher Self is a guiding light, trust that all experiences happen for purpose and know that trusting the process is all it takes to be truly happy.
6. The Law of Karma. "What goes around comes around," my mother used to say. I later learned that what my mother was telling me, in essence, is that karma's a biatch, what you put out is what you get without judgement. Sometimes that painful experience could be a blessing in disguise, taken as part of your growth process. And, sometimes we square up karmic debts to others from past life experiences. And then there are those sweet other times when the Lords of Karma give you the chance to see the boomerang bounce back at the offender. Thanks, Mom!
7. Thoughts and words have wings, and our intent sends them on their way backed by the energy in which the thoughts and words form in our mind. Good thought and words gain momentum as they race out into our Universe, the same as negative thoughts and words, so in consciously choosing to use positive words, and think positive thoughts, we create a positive future.
Negativity breeds itself into beingness over lifetimes, but it doesn't have to continue. Rejection doesn't have to be a bad experience. And, being rejected doesn't necessarily mean we did something wrong. It just means that that the door wasn't ready to open. I believe that doors that remain closed are better left that way and if I am patient and continue to trust the process, the right doors will open at the right time. And, So It Is.