ENJOY the Summer Solstice!!! (June 21, 2014)
In ancient times, the Summer Solstice was a fire-festival. They believed the power of this ritual would strengthen the sun and provide the necessary sunlight to grow bountiful crops. In modern times the Summer Solstice is a time of crating abundance in your life. The summer solstice draws in not only what you ask for or desire, but more!
In ancient times the Summer Solstice was celebrated with a parade of torches. In modern times we use a CANDLE or BONFIRES to represent our connection with the power of the SUN. A
candle (or multiple candles) should be lit for the entire day. My suggestion is to get a large candle or a 7 day candle and when you light it, be sure it is on a fireproof surface. I generally put a 7 day candle on a ceramic plate on the stove or in the sink. Never
leave a candle unattended.
FLOWER CROWN PIECE
- Surround yourself with symbols of the sun.
- Weather permitting spend as much time outdoors as you can.
- If you have a fire-pit - LIGHT IT!!!!
- Invite a few friends over and spend the day sharing food and stories.
- Gather some fresh herbs like Vervain, Lavender, St. John’s Wort and throw them into the fire silently saying and releasing to the Universe your deepest wishes!
: Create crowns made out of flowers. Use allot of yellow, gold or red flowers. Wear the crown all day and at the end of the day burn it in your bonfire and dedicate
it to Litha, (the powerful Summer Solstice) and/or the Mighty Oak Tree. As it burns the wheels of magic are released and the power of your deepest desires will be born (created) to manifest your desires.MAKE A JEWELRY LUCKY TALISMAN:
Buy a beautiful piece of gold jewelry in the shape of the sun. Light incense and infuse jewelry to purify. Then, infuse with sun energy (on your outdoor light altar) for 5 or more hours. Give thanks and then wear as your lucky talisman. Be sure to wear this every day for at least 2 weeks. Allow yourself to feel the power of the SUN within YOU!FUN IDEAS:
Throw a party with a bonfire. A bonfire is part of the tradition of the summer solstice. Fire has always been a source of protection for human beings, scaring off the unknown and unwanted beings of the night. Nowadays you can reinvent the bonfire as a great reason to hold a summer solstice party with friends. Just be sure to choose a location where it is both safe and permitted to burn a bonfire––check with the local authority first. In some
places there will a fire ban due to the dry conditions, so make plans to have a party without the bonfire if this happens. Back-up plan use a fire-pit! 2nd back-up plan - have a BBQ!
• BBQ lunch and/or dinner outside!
• Light outdoor (backyard) citronella torchesMore Summer Solstice Things to Do..
These can be done on Summer Solstice Eve and Summer Solstice (June 20-21).
• Spend time outside with children or pets. Walk dogs as you consciously draw in the rays of the sun. Feel the sun's protection and power gently bath every cell in your body.
• Sunbath and splash on rich scented oils.
• Put nettle leaves on the windows and doors of your home for protection against hexes.
• Communicating with plants and trees on the Summer Solstice was common among magician in the pre-christian times. It may sound silly but stand in-front of your favorite plant or better yet the wise old OAK TREE and just talk. My preference is an Oak Tree because of the
symbolism. There is so much power in the Oak Tree. Open your heart and Talk. I sometimes gently put one hand on the Oak Tree and just start talking. Admire the tree, tell the tree how you feel. Share with the oak tree what you want in life and what is holding you back. Then release it. Let it go! Don't wait for it, Don't think about it just
let it go. Every-time you see the Oak Tree say a quick 'thank you.. or I love you (or value you.. or whatever words are comfortable for you).
• It is said that herbs collected on the eve of the Summer Solstice have a healing ability stronger then the one(s) that they usually possess. If you have an herb garden, collect herbs on this day. If not, you may want to purchase fresh herbs at the local market.
• Wear gold eye shadow!FAERIES:
When oak, ash and thorn trees are all found together they form what is called the Faery Triad. These are sacred groves to faeries, especially the Dryads, who were supposed to have instructed the Druids in the use of sacred tree magick.
Leave a gift for the fairies and the fairies shall
reciprocate by leaving a gift for you!
* * * * * *
Lady Fontaine is an internationally known and respected certified Master Psychic. If you are interested in receiving an authentic reading from a genuine psychic - GIVE HER A CALL! Please read her feedback to get an idea of what others feel about her!
Many blessings to you!!!