Notice, first we breathe In and then we breathe Out. This simple exercise is a Powerful Clue as to the Way Spirit Works.
Everything in the Universe is In to Out. As the famed forerunner of Modern Dance, Isadora Duncan once said "Everything is In to Out" and her movements are based on this concept.
Our Consciousness Shapes the World around Us. As we believe, think, as our spirit is, so our environment and circumstances are formed. Taking this to a Grander Scale, all the Crisis experienced by Mankind are Reflections of Crisis in "Group Consciousness" as a Whole and a Clear need for Healing.
Realize that at every moment in time, we are creating our destinies and futures. The Power is Immense. So then, the question is "how can I use my consciousness to create that which I desire and which brings lasting Fulfillment and Joy?"
The answer is to Look Within, to Listen, to Simply Be. When we are still and allowing flow, messages are loud and clear. The messages we hear are clues - how we are feeling physically - our bodies talk to us, what we are saying to ourselves - the tapes we play in our heads and the infinite symbols around us that talk to us when we take time to Listen. Regarding symbols we see - notice that when you are going about your day, certain objects, colors seem to jump out at you - you are noticing them more - pay attention as this is the Universe's way of communicating messages to you. Being Aware is the first step. Many folks receive important messages in Dreams - Pay Attention!
This is in essence meditation. Breathe In, Breathe Out - do this for a short time at first and become comfortable with a state of Being. Allow Feelings, Thoughts, Symbols to Flow through you - Be Open and Aware of your True Infinite Spirit - Your Consciousness.
Once Acheived, we then take this to the next step. Cleansing. When negative feelings are entering, pain, we Release this - Breathe Out. Negative Thoughts enter and we release. Being Aware is the first step to freeing ourselves. The next step is Releasing in Trust and Love that the Universe is a Loving, Benevolent Entity that Shall Provide and Protect.
A helpful exercise to help us acheive a state of Lasting Joy is to Read the below List taken from Deepak Chopra's Ten Keys of Happiness.
1. Listen to your Body.
2. Live in the Present.
3. Embrace Silence - which leads us to the Field of Infinite Possibilities.
4. Relinquish your Need for External Approval.
5. Get Rid of Toxic Emotions.
6. Strive to Acheive Total Self-Knowledge. Realize the World is a Mirror of Our State of Consciousness, a Reflection of Ourselves.
7. Don't Judge Others or Thyself.
8. Remove All Toxins from your Life - in the form of Food, Drugs, People, Emotions, Thought Patterns, Habits.
9. Replace Fear based Thinking with Love Based Thinking knowing we are all One Soul - Unity Consciousness.
10. Cultivate Witness Awareness. By simply breathing, being we are in a state of objective awareness which doesn't judge or think, it simply observes.
These Ten Keys of Happiness by Deepak Chopra is a POWERFUL TOOL in beginning your journey towards Spiritual Growth and Lasting Joy.