Mercury Retrograde, you’re here again and just as fierce as ever. We dread you, but we need you! Just as much as we dread you, we’ve learned that you’re not something to fear, but embrace. While things start spinning out of control around us, you teach us that perspective reigns supreme.
What Mercury Retrograde is telling us is to move back spiritually. Focus on all the “re’s”, re-examine and re-do to refresh. Sometimes it takes much more work than we’re used to, but when we’ve done the work, we move forward to a brighter day. This is the time to look at things with a clear perspective. When things go haywire in your life during Mercury retrograde, what area is it forcing you to examine? What parts in your life need intellectual, emotional, or spiritual meditation? This is the time that’s all revealed.
We’re here to tell you that you don’t need to fear Mercury retrograde—it’s an opportunity for growth and clarity! Got loose ends that need to be tied up? Does the veritable closet of the mind need tidying? Here’s your opportunity.
One of the best ways to cope with it — as with anything, really — is to just “go with the flow”. When you fight Mercury retrograde, that’s when life gets really ugly. Just take some time, go slowly, be careful, don’t freak yourself out by expecting to be uber-productive-perfect right now. Be good to yourself and the people around you, now more than ever!
Just follow our quick and simple tips to survive Mercury Retrograde!
1. Have you been looking at that new, shiny car glistening in the lot? Well, feel free to enjoy the view, but don’t purchase any big ticket items until Mercury has gone direct.
2. Think before you speak! Communication can get wonky during this time, so make sure you’re direct and deliberate with the messages you share with others to make sure things run smoothly.
3. Don’t take things too personally! Just as messages you may share with others can be skewed, the same goes for the messages you perceive. Get a little loose with giving people the benefit of the doubt.
4. Got a salt shaker? You’re going to need it. Take everything with a grain (or a light dusting) of salt.
5. Back up your data! Always, save, save, save!
6. Don’t skip that fine print. Grab a comb and sweep through it with focused diligence! Don’t be fearful of signing contracts, but remember to take in all the information before signing anything.
7. Time to tidy up that closet! Finish projects you started previously but never completed.
8. Missing anyone? Reach out to any friends you haven’t spoken to in a while and get together! This is a great time to reminisce and laugh.
9. Be mindful of what Mercury is trying to show you. What areas need your focus and attention? There’s a lot to learn during this time.
10. Don’t forget to live! Just because Mercury is retrograde, this doesn’t mean you have to put your life on hold. Be mindful, be diligent, and don’t lose your focus! Perspective is key.
Just follow these tips and you’ll make it through the next two weeks unscathed! Good luck!