by Psychic Advisor: Empress Tarot
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
It took me a long time to realize that Mr. Lincoln was right, and that we can train our minds to be happy, at least most of the time. Before I came to this understanding, I allowed other people, outside circumstances, sad memories, personal problems, etc., dictate my mood for the day. One day, I woke up and understood that it was time to make myself responsible for my own happiness. But wait… Abe forgot to leave detailed instructions on how, exactly, to do that.
So how exactly do you make up your mind to be happy? After much thought and experimentation, I came up with a formula that works for me. I decided to channel happiness in a similar way that people connect with those who have passed to the other side.
Questions about the spiritual world? Call or chat with a psychic today!
Please feel free to use the following process if you like, and please feel free to change or rearrange it to suit your own needs. “Presto, chango, re-arrange-o,” and it magically becomes all yours! Here’s my recipe for channeling happiness:
Materials needed: None- although, props never hurt! With that in mind, I suggest the following:
1 pretty pillow (or silk scarf, bedspread, a field of flowers, beach towel, a patch of green grass, sandy beach, the comic section from a newspaper, a hot bath, etc.)
1 stick of incense (or fragrant flower, freshly brewed coffee, homemade cookies baking in the oven, bath salts, etc.)
1 fluffy kitten (or tank of fish, a dog, a baby, a flock of birds flying overhead, etc. If you don’t have one on hand, a photo will do.)
1 memory of a time when you were truly happy.
1. Seat yourself comfortably on whatever gives you pleasure at the moment.
2. Inhale the scent of something that reminds you of a happy time.
3. Focus on a beloved pet, favorite kind of animal, or baby. Notice the way they live in the moment and how happy the simplest things make them. I usually focus on a memory of my cat chasing dandelions on a windy day.
4. Relive a favorite moment of happiness from your own past. Revel in the memory and open your heart and mind. Let that moment of happiness fill you up and overflow to fill the space around you. Tell yourself that you can re-experience this feeling any time you like, no matter what is going on in your current life. And soon enough, this will be true.
5. Share the happiness you feel by doing something nice for someone else.
P.S. I still struggle with this concept and feel frustrated and unhappy from time to time, but I have learned that happiness becomes a habit. The more you practice being happy, the easier it gets!
Wishing you sunshine, dandelions, and fluffy kittens,
About the Author:
Having grown up in a family that appreciated and encouraged psychic abilities, I have read the cards most of my life. My readings are non-judgemental & delivered with compassion & caring. I have 21 years experience as a professional crisis counselor & have offered readings on Keen.com since early 2001.
Get a tarot reading from Empress Tarot today! Click here to get your first 3mins FREE.