Keen Category: Spiritual Advice
Numbers hold special significance for many people. Some believe they have a lucky number, while others notice that significant life events tend to occur in pairs, threes or other groupings. Some people even feel a simple, inexplicable affinity for a particular number. These people may have naturally tapped into something with roots that stretch back through the millennia to ancient Egypt and Babylon — Numerology, or the study of numbers and their cosmic vibrations.
In Numerology, each number, from one through nine, is believed to have its own symbolic meaning. When applied to a person, a number — referred to as a Life Path Number — reveals that person’s personality, challenges and potential. Life Path Numbers are calculated by adding together the eight separate digits of a person’s birthdate (the two-digit day and month, and the four-digit year).
Let’s take, for example, a birthdate of December 1, 1975. This would be written numerically as 12/01/1975 (or 01/12/1975 — either method will produce the same Life Path Number). Adding those eight digits together (1+2+0+1+1+9+7+5) results in a total of 26. As this is a two-digit number, the two and six are then added together to produce a final Life Path Number of eight for this particular birthdate.
When calculating a Life Path Number, we reduce most birthdates that add up to two-digit numbers to one digit, ranging from one to nine, as in the example above. There are, however, three exceptions: 11, 22 and 33, the three Master Numbers of Numerology. Those whose birthdates add up to one of these numbers have a very special life path. The Master Numbers are thought to denote both extra challenges and extra strengths, and people with these as their Life Path Numbers have the potential to face significant adversity, yet also make great achievements in their lifetime.
Following are brief descriptions of each of the twelve Life Path Numbers. Once you have calculated your own Life Path Number, use this information as a starting point to explore the vast wisdom of Numerology.
• 1 – You possess a strong personality and a positive outlook. You’re likely to be physically strong as well. Creative, ambitious and filled with original ideas, you are a natural leader among friends and co-workers. Watch that your assertive nature doesn’t turn into bossiness or selfishness. Similarly, blocks to your natural energy can result in laziness, impulsiveness or unrealized goals.
• 2 – Peaceful, artistic and refined, you are a people-person who loves being surrounded by friends. Your sensitive, honest nature inspires others to confide in you regularly. Watch that your sincerity does not verge into gullibility, allowing others to take advantage of you. Also, make sure to attend to your own needs as well as those of the people around you. Try not to avoid conflict to the point of giving up too much ground to others.
• 3 – Intelligent, creative and witty, you are an excellent communicator, whether entertaining others with jokes and stories or using your perceptive nature to explore life’s deepest mysteries. You find it easy to read others’ thoughts and feelings. Do your best to set goals and pursue them; otherwise, your life could lack direction. Also, avoid jobs, relationships and daily routines that are overly monotonous, as these will bring out your escapist side.
• 4 – Practical, hardworking and down-to-earth, you are the person your co-workers, family and friends rely on for stability and support. Your incredible willpower can sometimes turn into obstinacy. You prefer a life of routine, as unpredictable people and situations overwhelm you. You can also be resistant to change. Seek out loyal friends and partners, and use these relationships as a secure base from which to reach out into the unknown.
• 5 – You stand out in any crowd. People are drawn to your happy, vital nature. You possess diverse interests, and may regularly spread yourself too thin. You adore adventure and excitement, but try to avoid being irresponsible or unreliable. Similarly, watch out for a tendency toward competitiveness. You shine naturally, so there’s no need to work overly hard for attention.
• 6 – Your loving, caring nature makes you a beloved friend and family member. Honest, conscientious and thoughtful, you regularly look out for others’ rights and wellbeing. You find it easy to connect and communicate with just about anyone, including animals. If you find yourself becoming easily annoyed or feeling jealous or depressed, take it as a sign that you have overextended yourself. Take time alone to rest and recharge.
• 7 – Deeply analytical, you possess innate spiritual wisdom. You meet life on your own terms, which can make you appear a bit aloof. Adding to this is your natural perfectionism; you hold yourself and others to high standards. You need autonomy in your work and relationships, but you’re capable of great loyalty when involved with a person or organization that you believe in.
• 8 – Creativity, willpower and good luck combine to make you a powerhouse of a personality. A forward-thinker who can readily assemble a strong team, you carry your plans through to the finish. Watch that you don’t become overly competitive or dictatorial as you pursue your goals. In relationships, you are attracted to people who let you take the lead. Try not to take advantage of this dynamic.
• 9 – You are honest, trustworthy and compassionate. In relationships, you are attracted to people who possess the qualities you value most highly, such as generosity and kindness. Your idealistic, sensitive nature lends itself to humanitarian causes. Just try to avoid overextending yourself; if your energies are drained or taken advantage of, you could swing toward selfish or inconsiderate behavior.
• 11 – The first of the three Master Numbers, 11 can be thought of as a more powerful expression of the number two (as 1+1=2). Your artistic, creative nature makes you a true visionary. Filled with fascinating knowledge and theories, you are a favorite companion among your friends. Your work in this lifetime is to influence others’ thoughts, ideas and values. Your life path should involve creative expression. Change the world through art, science, writing or teaching.
• 22 – The second of the three Master Numbers, 22 can be thought of as a more powerful expression of the number four (as 2+2=4). Filled with willpower and a deep sense of purpose, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Be sure to use this power with care; focus your efforts toward worthwhile pursuits, and avoid unhealthy, destructive relationships and behavior. Find friends who allow you to be yourself, and who can stand up to your strong personality when needed.
• 33 – The third of the three Master Numbers, 33 can be thought of as a more powerful expression of the number six (as 3+3=6). Highly sensitive, emotional and dependable, you are widely adored for your kind, caring nature. Naturally empathetic, you feel others’ emotions as if they are your own; for this reason, take care to protect yourself emotionally when necessary. You have a strong need to know you are loved, so seek out close, loving and harmonious relationships. Don’t avoid conflict as a rule, however; remember that you must set firm boundaries from time to time.