I’ve always been a big fan of tea. Tea is soothing, relaxing, warming, and delicious. For a while now, I’ve been toying with the idea of incorporating tea in my manifestation magic, and my daughter provided the perfect catalyst when she gave me an assortment of five teas packaged by the Ten Ren Tea Company.
Each of the teas come in a shiny little box, and each variety has a certain quality attached to it. For instance, The Oolong brings blessings; the To Kuan Yin brings good fortune; the Shou Mei Tea promotes health; the Jasmine brings happiness; the Shui Sin encourages wealth.
After some reflection, I decided to take this concept one step further and assign magical qualities to the herbal teas I make from herbs grown in my own garden, as well as those I buy in the store. I’m including my current list below. It’s very unfinished, but you’re welcome to copy it as a base for your own experiments with tea magic.
Peppermint: Spice of life, invigoration, zest and a sense of fun
Rosehip: Romance and love
Chamomile: Dreamwork, astral traveling, creativity
Lavender: Money, success, beauty, youthful
Yarrow: Magic, divination, dream work
Rue: Banishes negativity and regret, heals sorrow
Rosemary: Physical energy, psychic energy, purification
Thyme: Banishes nightmares
Clove – Friendship, granting wishes, healing
Dandelion – Helps to improve clairvoyance, purification
Ginger Root – Love, money, success, power
Lemon Verbena – Protection from harm, attracting love
Nutmeg – Luck, love, prosperity, (and yummy cookies!)
My tea ritual/affirmation is a very simple one. The teapot I chose is short, fat, and painted with pictures of cats drinking tea. The matching cup is also short and very fat. I love it! It’s very important to make sure that everything you choose to be a part of this ritual is pleasing to you.
Here’s how it goes:
1. Choose a teapot and cup that are visually pleasing to you. It doesn’t matter if they match or not.
2. Assign a specific meaning to the tea you are going to brew.
3. Write down on a piece of white paper exactly what you hope to manifest.
4. Fold the paper into a pleasing shape, whether it’s a geometric shape or an origami flower – anything that looks pretty to you works. Place the paper in your empty teacup.
5. Concentrate all your energy on what it is you want while you prepare the tea.
6. Remove the folded paper from your cup and discard it with the used tea leaves.
7. Enjoy your tea and relax. Secure in the knowledge that what you asked for will be granted to you.
About the Author:
Having grown up in a family that appreciated and encouraged psychic abilities, I have read the cards most of my life. My readings are non-judgemental & delivered with compassion & caring. I have 21 years experience as a professional crisis counselor & have offered readings on Keen.com since early 2001.