You finish each other’s sentences, sleeping at night is becoming difficult, concentration has gone out the window, and your heart beats faster when you see this certain someone—you must have found your soulmate. Mmmm…not exactly. It’s quite possible that this undeniable connection you have is with a twin flame, not a good old fashioned SM. Those who are are a double inferno relationship exhibit some different qualities. What are they? How do you know if you found this specific union? What does the future have in store for such a couple? Read on to find out where your relationship stands on this somewhat confusing spectrum of love.
Cutting to the Chase: How You Know You’re in a Twin Flame Relationship
Defining a twin flame relationship can’t be summed up in a few words—it’s simply more complex than that because it’s a unique (some would say, one-of-a-kind) partnership. So, ask yourself if your relationship exhibits any of these twin flame signs.
- Do you feel as though you’ve met this person before? That’s called déjà vu and yes, it’s possible you connected in a previous lifetime—or maybe even in your dreams.
- Do you often butt heads but then come to the realization that you’ve learned something from the exchange? Ok, well you agree to disagree, but at the end of the day, you also need to address your values are with one another.
- Are you perpetually in a breakup and makeup relationship? One (or both) of you freaks out about the intensity of the closeness and wants to bolt—at least, for a little while.
- Do you have a connection that’s almost telepathic, no matter how far away you are from one another?
- Do you complete one another in yin and yang type of way? It’s possible that your partner is filling missing pieces you never knew existed?
- Can you be your true self without ever having to worry about being judged by this person?
- Do you feel as though you’re experiencing a spiritual awakening? Twin flame lovers help one another enter a new realm of soul and spirit.
- Quite simply, does this person “feel like home?” Regardless of your mood, being with them provides you with the ultimate sense of comfort.
So, Then What’s a Soulmate?
Since most of the aforementioned points sound a lot like what it means to have found your soulmate, you may be asking yourself, what’s the difference between a soulmate and a twin flame love? A soulmate can either be a lover, or a person that comes into your life to give you the kick in the pants you need to have a self-evolution so you can become the best version of yourself. It’s important to note that karmic lovers are not the same—they only care about themselves, where as soulmates care about you more than anyone else.
Twin flame lovers are an amalgamation of both karmic and soulmate qualities, but with the addition of some new challenges that can help you grow. A twin flame is someone you share the same soul with—there’s a theory that the two flames were previously separated from one soul and split into two different (physical) bodies—so much to the point that being with this person is like looking in the mirror.
Get Ready for a Rollercoaster Ride
The stages of a twin flame relationship can be described as an emotional rollercoaster—one moment your up, the next you’re down before ascending again. You start out by having an intense connection and desire to be together, but then this intensity becomes scary and overwhelming and one of you becomes distant. This causes the relationship to become stagnant. It’s not uncommon to go through a period of on-again off-again before either breaking it off completely or coming to the realization that the two of you can get through anything and you’re ready to make a commitment for the long-haul.
If you’re in a committed relationship (married or otherwise) and your twin flame says he/she doesn’t love you anymore (or isn’t attracted) and wants to break it off, you may ask yourself how this is possible when you had such a strong connection. It’s conceivable that this person was a false twin flame. Instead of wasting time pining over someone who doesn’t share your same feelings, put that energy into self-care. Focus on gratitude, appreciation, self-love, and the love for others around you and your true twin flame will appear in divine timing.
Remember, every relationship—twin flame or otherwise—is different, so avoid comparing your situation to others. This will only cause you frustration and quite possibly, pain. If you met your twin flame and they are not ready to commit, don’t force it. Focus on yourself, your life, your goals in an effort to create a clear energy path when/if this person decides to come around. You should never stress about being in a relationship, be it a twin flame, soulmate, or karmic union. Trust that the universe and your higher self knows what’s best for you. The right person will come into your life when the time is right.
Do you still have questions about twin flames, or are you looking for help in navigating an intense twin flames relationship? Advisors on Keen are available 24/7 to help bring clarity to your love life and relationsh