There’s some confusion swirling around spiritual readings and we’re here to clear all of that up. First let’s talk about what it’s not. A spiritual reading does not provide insight on when you’ll get married, what the year will bring, and whether or not you’ll ever win the lottery. What it does do is aid you in your quest for personal growth and acceptance through visceral guidance—and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to raise their spiritual awareness?
On a deeper level, a spiritual reading encompasses all of your lives—past, present, and future—in an effort to find out what your main purpose is in life. Guidance given is based on intuitive (psychic) awareness that taps into one’s spiritual, psychological, and emotional evolution. The goal of an advisor is to help the recipient with acceptance and empowerment so that he/she can move forward with purpose. Pretty intriguing, yes? Read on to learn more about what you can expect and how to make the most of your reading.
Why You Should Consider A Spiritual Reading
There are many different reasons why one considers getting a spiritual reading, but some of the most common reasons are:
- The desire to connect with a deceased loved one—perhaps out of a need for closure
- To gain an understanding of what your pet is trying to tell you
- Taking a look at your past lives
- To help to heal a loved one from a distance
- To communicate someone in a coma or with a disease such as Alzheimer’s
- Eliminating negative energy from your home or personal space
- To become privy of lessons you should be learning in life
- Connecting with your spirit guides and angels
- To gain an understanding of others in order to improve upon relationships in your life
What To Expect
To be fair, each spiritual advisor has their own personal touch when it comes to giving readings. Spiritual information can be interpreted in different ways based on the method used to receive it. For example, readers may choose to rely on intuition and guidance, messages from guides, good old-fashioned mediumship, or a combination thereof.
The Best Way To Ask Your Questions
As with any type of reading, it’s important that you make sure your intention is completely clear—and be prepared to talk! Spiritual readings are considerably more bilateral than other readings. A seasoned reader will encourage you to ask questions, so take a little time to prepare yourself before your session so your reading is deeper and more personal. Remember, stick to active (the big picture), not passive (when something will happen) and open- not close-ended questions that are detail oriented in order to gain the most insight. Here are some examples to help you out.
- What do you see in terms of my purpose in life?
- What can I do to have a greater sense that my (deceased) loved one is around me?
- Am I on the right path for maximizing my health for the long term?
- What can I do to be sure that my pet trusts me and is loved?
- What path should I take to get the most out of my career?
Keep in mind that just because you’re not getting a psychic reading doesn’t mean you still don’t need the expertise from a seasoned psychic, clairvoyant, or spiritual guide. Keen has a robust database of advisors who are experts at providing spiritual readings. If you don’t already have a favorite, take a look to find the best advisor for you before signing up for a reading. Read the bios and reviews to get a sense of who you’ll be speaking to. As with any relationship, you want to feel some sort of connection so you get the most out of your experience.