Feeling stuck and stagnant in your relationship? Not uncommon if you’ve been together for a while. Equally not uncommon is when you want it to move forward, but you have a reluctant partner that has become rather complacent and a little too comfortable with the status quo. So how can you spice things up? Here’s a “to do” list that will get your relationship recharged and moving again.
- Laugh a lot
Does everything really have to be so intense that the two of you can’t laugh anymore? When you’re stuck in traffic, or can’t find your way to a destination – don’t get disgusted with each other, make a joke of your navigational skills and have a good chuckle.
- Do the unexpected
Predictability is the major cause of stagnation in relationships. If you get up and do the same routine day after day, react to things in the same way – you both become predictable. Where is the element of surprise? Think back to your childhood and remember how excited you would get when you received something totally unexpected.
- Laugh a lot
Which methods have you found to work the best in getting your relationship moving again?(surveys)
- Don’t act your age
Chronologically, age is just a number. Unleash your inner child every now and then and play. A good pillow fight combined with laughter can be great fun!
- Be kind
A small act of kindness can go a long way. If you are running errands, give your partner a call and ask, “Hey – I’m out and about, do you need anything?”
- Make a date
Remember how exciting it was to find the perfect thing to wear, fix your hair, put on some make up and dab on a little perfume when you first started dating? Set aside one night a week to be your date night.
- Be sexy
Most relationships deteriorate and go progressively downhill when things become too predictable or routine in the bedroom. Light a few candles, sift through a lingerie catalogue and order something!
- Turn off the TV in your bedroom
It’s really difficult to get romantic with Anderson Cooper interviewing border patrol agents. If you do have a TV in your bedroom, turn on the music station that will get you “in the mood.”
There are many ways to keep your relationship alive and well. Try these “relationship vitamin tips” to boost yours to another level. Most of all, have fun! You have a partner for a reason, so work to make sure your lover stays in your life.
Make it a great day with your sweetheart, and think about how you can get your relationship into a healthier, “unstuck” space.
- The Keys to a Successful Relationship
- Are You in a Healthy Relationship?
- 4 Tips to Bring the Intimacy Back
- How to Improve Relationship Communication
- 5 Relationship Warning Signs
- Are You Trying to Fix Him?
- I Need You
- 5 Reasons Why We Stay Hooked on a Bad Relationship
- Five Steps to Succeed in Romantic Relationships
- Love Sometimes Requires Letting Go
Other Articles by Advisor “Jane Wilcox”
- When Love Attacks
- Expectations in a Relationship
- Games vs. Boundaries in Dating
- Living Together vs. Marriage
- 10 Steps to Survive a Breakup
- 10 Easy Online Dating Guidelines
- Ensure Your Relationship Survives Pigskin Season
- Are You “Plan A” or “Plan B”?
- Six Tips to Keep the Commitment in Your Relationship
- 10 Steps to Mend a Broken Heart
- Breaking the Cyclic Relationship
- 8 Rules for the First Date
- Top 10 Signs Someone Else Is in Your Relationship