Life usually progresses in cycles or periods of time. The period of time when you are single can be frustrating, depressing and agonizing. Or, a break from partnership could be a time of great joy and discovery. It’s up to you.
Loneliness is tricky, like a snake. It will wrap around you and squeeze hard. It makes the world seem empty and cruel; people may look ugly.
But no matter how hard it may be raining, it always stops eventually. This too, shall pass. You can always bet on Chance. If you are single today, you will be in a loving relationship in the future.
We seem to change in cycles or repetitions, like the spin of a moon or the turn of the day. Your life is a sequence of little epochs or eras. These periods of time are usually given a title. The Summer We Met. Two Years of Divorce. Four Years of School. Nine Months of Pregnancy.
Grass grows, taking its time. It has its own pace. You are single for now, but in time you will find love. How would you like to use the time? Will you be pining for the inevitable or enjoying the moment?
We are living in a wild age of chaos, economically, socially and politically. Everything seems to be happening so fast. It would be nice to have a partner right now, but you don’t need to freak out.
One of the easiest ways to survive the world is focus on what you have. By focusing on the here and now; the good and true, you affirm the present. A signal will ripple outward to the one who also waits for you. By appreciating the things you love, you become a beacon of attraction.
Are you grateful for friends? Are you close to someone in your family? Is there a neighbor looking out for you? Maybe you have a pet dog, cat or an iguana you simply adore. What do you love about that little squirt? Define your feelings. Name each and every one and add these notations and observations to your journal. Place them in the forefront of your mind. Make a declaration out of the good feelings and you’ll realign a bad mood. You may be single now, but there is much love in your life. Yes, there is!
What’s there to love about your life? Is there something about your job that lights you up, perhaps? Look at inspiring art and fashion. What does nature mean to you? Find something beautiful, a tree or a building, and tell someone about it. What food do you want to taste right now? Describe all of the beautiful aspects about your religion or belief. Why do you love your favorite TV show? What’s your favorite book and why?
This focus is creating energy. It summons attraction. These appreciations become your own advertising billboard on the highway to love.
You may need to find a special place to connect to these feelings of appreciation. The brain cannot be buzzing. Take a bubble bath or have a glass of something yummy to relax. Pamper yourself a little.
Here are four simple actions that help us appreciate the loves that we have in our lives. These efforts help us to shift our focus.
1. Pretend It’s spring and Start Cleaning
- When you dust, you will come in cotact with your sweetest memorobilia. A snow globe that reminds you of a great vacation or a silver picture frame that holds the image of a loved one. It is so easy miss these things in your busy day-to-day routine. When we clean, we have to dust each item individually. Cleaning demands that you move your body. And, oh yes, your home will be clean when you’re done. Bonus!
2. Take a Vacation
- Pack your bags and go to Hawaii for two weeks. Or, make a sandwich and take yourself to a beautiful picnic spot for an hour. Either way, it is a vacation, an action that heightens appreciation.
3. Create your own Ceremony of Appreciation
- Burn sage. Light candles. You are the guru. Design a ritual. Then, perform it. Stop and breathe in the incense. Let the sensations of your own gratitude touch you.
4. Pay it forward
- Think of something nice. It could be an observation or an action. Then share it with someone else.The single life may sometimes suck. But it doesn’t have to. Your colorful complaints may be good for a little entertainment, but negativity breeds more of the same. Just be grateful for this time. Your life is still moving ahead, single or not. Make it fun. You are now free to really stop and listen. Appreciate the many loves currently in your life. There are many. All you have to do is reopen your eyes!