It’s sweater weather — otherwise known as “cuffing season.” What is cuffing season, you ask? According to Merriam-Webster, “Cuffing season refers to a period of time where single people begin looking for short term partnerships to pass the colder months of the year. Cuffing season usually begins in October and lasts until just after Valentine’s Day. The use of the word cuff references handcuffs, but is slang in the same vein as “hooking up” or “getting hitched.”
But there’s more. Not only is it cuffing season 2020, but it’s also Twin Flames Day on November 11. Reflected as a physical date on the calendar, November 11 is significant because of its powerful energy and as the embodiment of the concept of Twin Flames mirroring one another — 11:11.
So, what is a twin flame relationship, and how is it different from a cuffing relationship? Those answers ahead — plus what you can do to turn a temporary hook up into a long-lasting relationship safely during the times of COVID-19.
What is a Twin Flame Relationship?
Someone among ancient philosophers, mystics, and sages developed the concept of twin flames. To be in a twin flame relationship means that it’s split into two halves at the moment of a soul’s creation, with each half exploring a different aspect of spirituality or duality. One side is the divine masculine spirituality; the other is sacred feminine spirituality.
A twin flame is, essentially, the other half of your soul, a true mirror of yourself, which may prove to be both extremely challenging and rewarding. While the relationship may have its difficulties, there is unconditional love and a bond that sticks. Here are some additional twin flame relationship facts.
- The Signs: Several signs suggest someone is your twin flame, such as feeling as though you’ve met this person before, the ability to be true to yourself without worrying about being judged, having a telepathic connection, and the feeling as though you’ve had a spiritual awakening — and yes, you can find your twin flame online.
- The Stages: Once you identify that you’re in a twin flame relationship, you must know what stages to look out for — warning: emotional hurting and purging ahead.
- Speeding Things Up: Even though some of the stages are undesirable ones, you should also know how to speed things up if things are getting stagnant. Hint: It all starts with setting goals and finding blocks within yourself and your twin flame’s life
- Twin Flames Versus Soulmates: A soulmate can either be a lover or a person who comes into your life to give you the kick in the pants you need to have a self-evolution so you can become the best version of yourself. A twin flame is like the ultimate soul mate. And, although you can have many soulmates, you can only have one twin flame.
Cuffing Season Meets Twin Flames Day
Whether you meet your twin flame during cuffing season or a person with more potential than a one night stand, Keen.com recognizes that due to COVID-19 and stay-at-home restrictions. Finding the right partner is more critical than ever as people seek out more in-depth and meaningful connections built to last — not just through the cold, winter months, but through a pandemic.
Since connection and community are more important than ever, the idea of finding or keeping one’s Twin Flame takes on a whole new meaning — and Keen.com is here to help. Here’s how.
- From November 1 – November 30, Keen.com, the leading online advice platform for love and relationships, is holding a month-long campaign dedicated to finding, identifying, and keeping your Twin Flame during cuffing season and beyond.
- Keen.com’s expert advisors will provide clarity and guidance around love and relationships to help you find your Twin Flame or keep the fires burning in a current Twin Flame relationship. Sample topics include: How to find or keep your Twin Flame in the middle of a pandemic, or how to cope with getting attached too soon.
- Keen is offering special promotions and offers, webinars with expert love/relationship Keen.com advisors, customized Twin Flame content, social media giveaways, and more.